FMP Planning

Task 5

Use pre-production techniques to draw up plans for your chosen production.
You must include the following (specific to your production idea):
·         Risk assessment
·         Storyboards
·         Shooting schedules
·         Script
·         Production Diary
·         Location recognisance
·         Production schedules
·         Contingency Plans
·          Shot Logs
·          Layout plans
Test shots / sequences



Risk assessment:




Storyboards and Location recognizance:




I have planned to have 6 main levels in my game which are:
- Tutorial - Teaches the basics of the game to the player
- Forest - Contains a few easy plat-forming areas and a few enemies
- Grassland - More complex areas and more enemies
- Cave - Lots of rocky textures, with moving platforms, water and lava
- Castle - Complex plat-forming, lots of enemies and lots of collectables
- Roof top - Precise plat-forming section and contains a tough boss.

I have chosen this amount of levels as I believe this is a decent amount of game-play for the player. There are different environments as this will keep the player interested since things change and I aim to include lots of ideas in my game, so have challenged myself to create lots of content as I believe I can with the time provided and planned. Each level will also contain something new, whether that be a new puzzle, enemy or object.


2D Platformer initial test game/ test shots



With my game, I had already completed a very basic 2D platforming game with squares before hand when I was playing with Game maker.  I then designed a number of initial sprites, including an animated player sprite and followed a tutorial which enabled me to put together the game above. I wanted to create a basic and working design for the game, which included an enemy and a player attack. 

This was beneficial as creating various assets would be much easier now due to having made similar objects seen in the video. For example, creating additional attacks for the player would be much simpler as I now had a script which I can later duplicate and modify so that the player can use a separate, new attack.

Finalized project schedule




Finalized Production Diary